Tuesday 18 July 2017

HELGA FROST


As I've mentioned before, I love steampunk!  I also love Prima Art Alchemy Magic Wax!!

For this card, I decided to give my background some texture by first using an embossing folder to create the brick wall, and then adding Reeves Modeling Paste to them.  Onto that I pasted a ripped sheet of DCWV corrugated paper.  My embellishments are Solid Oak Inc., Ribtex, Webster's Pages, Pima Finnabair, Tim Holtz and Artc.  I painted the whole lot with Bo Bunny black Gesso, and the Prima Art Alchemy Metallique Wax (Brushed Iron), and on the feathers, I added Opal Magic Wax (Blue Velvet).  I also decided not to fully cover the Gesso with the Metallique Wax, but rather, to let some black show through, to add a bit more depth and 'shadow'.  I am LOVING playing with this stuff!

I have used a pre-coloured KennyK digi, called Helga Frost.







Thanks so much for popping by to have a look!

You can see more of my cards on my Pinterest page

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

The Crafter's Cafe Challenge #177: Steampunk
Glitter 'n' Sparkle Challenge #248: Anything Goes
CCC Digi Creations Challenge #77: Anything Goes
Create & Inspire Challenge 64: Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door Challenge July 11: Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft Challenge #48: Anything Goes
Dragonfly Dreams July Challenge: Anything Goes

Linda 

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely card. Your background is amazing. You did such a wonderful creative job on it. It showcases your image perfectly!
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a lovely time playing with this card. So glad you joined us at the steampunk Crafters Café this time, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your card is amazing Lin. It looks like two different cards once you've painted with the metallique wax. The textures are fantastic! Your stamp is beautiful! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing! I'm loving all the different paint/wax layers, gives a lovely effect. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! you nailed our challenge. Wonderfull created. Thank you for entering your amazing creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Steampunk" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely amazing textured background-love all the embellishments you added and great wax finish would love to see you enter this at
    http://ainkymess.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/challenge-12.html
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi just popping back to say--Thank you for joining us at Create and Inspire
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving your comment! Pop back any time!